Check out this brilliant ten of the funniest commercials that really made me laugh and selected only those of them that are also famous for this video – funny ads that made history, description of the ads are also texted below if you want to know more about them.
Here are the commercials, the chronological order is not meant as a judgment, they are all simply brilliant and par excellence- and sure, judgment is different and there are 1 billion entertaining commercials more but these are simply mind-blowing.
1. Cinesite Studios, “Beans” from 2013, actually not an ad for Haynes Baked Beans – which don’t even exist and only resemble Heinz Baked Beans – but a mock ad by the visual effects studio that produced it to show what they can do, also called “Not for Astronauts” or the “Astronaut Ad”
2. Doritos, “Birth”, a highly controversial, yet extremely funny commercial from the 2016 Super Bowl
3. Kia, “Hero” with Melissa McCarthy from the 2017 Super Bowl, a commercial for the eco-friendly Kia Niro, sometimes also referred to as “I love Whales!”
4. Kia, “The Truth” with Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus from The Matrix, singing Nessun Dorma for the Super Bowl 2014
5. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian” from 2017 for the action role-playing video game from the Middle-earth universe developed by Monolith Productions and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, also known for its line “Nothing will be forgotten”
6. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”, the adorable ad from the 2016 Super Bowl, part of the “Meet the Ketchups” promotion
7. Volkswagen, “The Force”, also called the Darth Vader commercial for the VW Passat at the Super Bowl 2011 – and since then in different versions – a game-changing commercial, here in the extended version
8. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge” with Liam Neeson as his famous character from Taken for the Super Bowl 2015 for the freemium mobile strategy video game developed and published by Supercell, also famous for its line “You will regret the day you crossed AngryNeeson52”
9. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness” from the 2011 Danger Zone campaign with the famous line “You smell like you look – amazing” (the most amazing thing, though, is the line “Dramatization only. Do not attempt.” in the bottom right corner at 7:21 – who would attempt THAT?)
10. Wix, “Big Game” / “Disruptive World” with Gal Gadot and Jason Statham for the Super Bowl 2017 in the extended version, sometimes referred to as Director’s cut, for the cloud-based web development platform, the most seen commercial before the game
11. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / Bud, “Whassup?”, also known as Wazzup or What’s up, that ran from 1999 to 2002 and became a pop culture catchphrase, also with it’s True, true
11.5 Bud followup, “Wassup Wasabi” (so nice!)