Bill Cosby’s Rape Allegations Continues

Bill Cosby’s Rape Allegations Continues

Janice Dickinson (Model and Television personality) has come out as the third woman in just over a week to accuse comedian Bill Cosby of sexual assault. Responding to the allegations, Netflix announced it was postponing Cosby’s new stand-up special.

In an interview that aired on Tuesday, Dickinson told ‘Entertainment Tonight’ that the rape occurred in 1982, at Lake Tahoe, California. She said the pair had been introduced previously by her agent, and that she was seeking a part on ‘The Cosby Show.’ Cosby had offered to help Dickinson with her singing career, and had invited her to his hotel room after dinner.

Janice Dickinson

Janice Dickinson

Dickinson said once in the hotel room, she asked Cosby for a pill to ease her stomach pains. He gave her a pill, along with red wine.

“The next morning I woke up and I wasn’t wearing my pajamas and I remembered before I passed out I had been sexually assaulted by this man,” she told ‘Entertainment Tonight,’ adding that she remembered Cosby dropping the robe he was wearing and getting on top of her.

The company did not offer any more details on the show’s debut.

Cosby’s team did not comment on Dickinson’s accusations.

Meanwhile, though, matters have worsened for Cosby. By Wednesday afternoon, The Huffington Post reported that NBC confirmed they had pulled the plug on a planned sitcom featuring the comedian, and a CNN interview from the evening prior in which host Don Lemon remarked on the rape allegations had within hours went viral.

Following the interview’s airing, Netflix announced the postponement of Cosby’s upcoming stand-up program, ‘Bill Cosby 77,’ which was due to premiere on Nov. 27.

“At this time we are postponing the launch of the new stand up comedy special ‘Bill Cosby 77’,” a Netflix spokeswoman said in a statement.

TV Land also pulls all “Cosby Show” returns. All episodes of the classic sitcom, including a Thanksgiving week marathon, have been pulled, effective immediately, in the latest TV response to Cosby’s rape allegations. PLUS: TV Land is quietly pulling “Cosby” from its website.

In late 2006, he settled a civil suit with one woman, Andrea Constand, who claimed Cosby drugged, then sexually molested her in early 2004. Authorities never charged Cosby, citing lack of evidence. The settlement came after Constand’s lawyers said they found 13 Jane Doe witnesses with similar claims.

Loading...

Your Comments / What Do You Think ?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.