Another sequel of amazing HDR Photography By PinGallery
Yet Another European City… Dresden !
Dresden is the capital city of the Free State of Saxony in Germany. It is situated in a valley on the River Elbe, near the Czech border.
The Dresden conurbation is part of the Saxon Triangle metropolitan area.
Dresden has a long history as the capital and royal residence for the Electors and Kings of Saxony, who for centuries furnished the city with cultural and artistic splendour. The city was known as the Jewel Box, because of its baroque andrococo city centre. A controversial Allied aerial bombing towards the end of World War II killed thousands of civilians and destroyed the entire city centre. The impact of the bombing and 40 years of urban development during the East Germancommunist era have considerably changed the face of the city. Some restoration work has helped to reconstruct parts of the historic inner city, including the Katholische Hofkirche, the Semper Oper and the Dresdner Frauenkirche. Since theGerman reunification in 1990, Dresden has regained importance as one of the cultural, educational, political and economic centres of Germany.
The simultaneous church St. Martin originated between 1893 and 1900 in the avenue Carola in the centre of the Albert’s town (Dresden), and was consecrated on the 28th of October, 1900. The famous architect’s office of Lossow & Viehweger delivered the draught for the neoromanesque construction, the garrison construction inspector Müller led the technical implementation. To create space for her services to both denominations, the church was planned from the outset as a simultaneous church with Protestant and Catholic part. This division in two parts under a roof was moved here first in Central Europe. The church lies with the avenue Stauffenberg (former Heeresstrasse or avenue Carola) in close vicinity of the central arsenal building. The entrances to the church are on their northern side, the avenue Stauffenberg turned. This unusual arrangement simplified the entry and collecting of the religiously mixed military troops. As a simultaneous church with 2400 seats it was determined exclusively for members of the army and their members of the family.
The church got over the air raid on Dresden without bigger damages. After incorporation of the Albert’s town to Dresden the Catholic part of the church of the St. Franziskus municipality Dresden Neustadt whose church in the Albert’s place 1945 had been destroyed was handed over. Besides, the church received the name of St. Martin church and is till this day a Catholic parish church Neustadt. The church belongs to the last sacred constructions of the Historismus in Dresden. Already two years after the inauguration shilling & Graebner was begun with the Christ’s church of the office in Strehlen one of the first churches of the reform architecture. Also William Lossow took up style elements of the reaction to the Historismus in later buildings. After Outside not immediately is to be recognised the strict separation of both Kirchteile. The simultaneous church owns an intimated nave in cross form which is separated, however, by a wall. The Catholic part is in the eastern long house, the Protestant one takes the intimated transept. Therefore, in particular the richly structured south facade allows to expect a Längsbau.
“The most beautiful dairy shop in the world” is the Dresden dairy Brothers Pfund. Walls, covers and ground are completely tiled, it stands in the Guiness book of the records in ’98. Already about 1900 was clear to the architecture professional world that in the Bautzner street 79 the nicest milk store of the world stands. Founded in 1892 by order of the businessman Paul Gustav Leander Pfund, which in 1923 in Berlin died. The interior equipment of the store exists of imaginatively formed tile paintings in the style of the neorenaissance, the hand-painted coloured representations on walls, floor and sales bar come from the Dresden stoneware factory of Villeroy and Boch.
As by a miracle the milk store gets over the bomb attack from February, 1945 and is nationalised in 1972. In 1978 the dairy is closed down. A project development company took over in 1992 the Pfundschen reduction and opened the milk store in October, 1995 again. It is planned to let farm the backyard of the dairy of the Viennese artist peace empire 100 water creatively. About the store läd a cafe for staying one. In the store primarily unpacked raw milk cheese from rural production is sold in 110 kinds currently from the most different countries.
The kennel is a building complex with gardens in the heart of the Saxon capital of Dresden. More information can be here (English) or read here (German).
The castle Pillnitz from the 18th century lies with the Elbe in the former village Pillnitz which belongs today as a part of town to Dresden. There are in the essentials of three parts of the building, the water palace lying with the Elbe, the mountain palace subtending to the slope and him these new palaces connecting in the eastern side.
The baroque pleasure garden enclosed by the buildings is complemented with a surrounding castle park. Today in the new palace the castle museum is, while in the mountain palace and water palace the art industrial museum of the state art collections Dresden is accommodated. Castle Pillnitz is an excellent example of the China fashion of the 18th century. Shortly after completion of the new buildings a prince’s meeting whose result has come as a Pillnitzer declaration into the world history took place in 1791 in the castle.
The Prince course in Dresden is a larger than life image of a cavalry platoon, which was applied to about 25,000 Meissen porcelain tiles and is considered the largest porcelain picture of the world. It is the thousand-year history of the Princely House of Wettin dar. in the Augustus Road, between Semper Opera House, Catholic Court Church and Georgentor on one side and the women’s church on the other hand, was this piece of art on the outside of the long corridor on the north wall of the stable yard of the castle appropriate.
Today it is one of the most visited attractions in Dresden. The bombing of Dresden at the end of the Second World War in February 1945 on the Princes stood largely intact. It had only about 200 tiles to be replaced. From 1979 to 1980, the picture has been cleaned and restored. A total of 94 people are pictured. There are 35 Marquises, dukes, princes and kings of Saxony and 59 scientists, artists, artisans, soldiers, children and farmers, and still many horses and two greyhounds shown.
If you like the post please share and comment !