Square Enix today shared the details of Final Fantasy XV‘s day one update. The Crown update adds new cutscenes from the Kingsglaive movie and Omen trailer so as to “make the story and timeline of events” easier to follow and understand for new players.
The update also adds more recipes for cooking, as well as a gallery feature that tracks “culinary discoveries.” Additionally, the patch introduces support to share in-game pictures to Facebook and Twitter, while it also adds an ability tree to the Wait Mode feature, which lets players slow down time. Lastly, the patch adds a “Beast Whistle,” which can be used to beckon monsters to battle.
“The Crown Update is the result of some additional time for development since mastering the full game,” a Square Enix spokesperson told Eurogamer. “[It] provides a variety of updates, minor bug fixes and new features to greatly enhance the overall story and gameplay experience.”
Final Fantasy XV Day One Patch Notes:
- New event scenes and scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy 15 and the Omen trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events within the Final Fantasy 15 universe even easier to follow for newcomers
- For those who enjoy collecting items, the upgrade will also add a wider variety or recipes and fish with the addition of a gallery to keep track of culinary discoveries
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter.
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight spaces and to improve visibility during battles
- The addition of an ability tree for the Wait Mode function improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle