Apple launched its Apple One subscription bundle, which links many services — Which includes Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, and Apple Arcade — for a modest monthly price. Apple One also comes with the additional iCloud storage, with the allotment going up the more you pay.
Apple One has three different payment tiers:
- Individual ($14.95 / month): Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage
- Family ($19.95 / month): Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage
- Premier ($29.95 / month): Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, Apple News Plus, Apple Fitness Plus (coming later this year), and 2TB of iCloud storage
Both the Family and Premier tiers can be shared with up to 5 other people who are connected to your Apple account. The Premier tier comes with the Apple News Plus and the upcoming Apple Fitness Plus service.
To sign up for a free trial of Apple One and start using the connected services:
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the main settings menu
- Choose “Subscriptions”
- On this screen, you should now see a “Get Apple One” section near the top. Tap on “Try it now.”
- After this, you’ll be given three different subscription options. Each comes with a month-long free trial, but Apple notes that “your existing subscriptions are not eligible for the trial.”
If you finally decide that the bundle isn’t worth it, you can cancel Apple One at any time from the same subscription setting in your device settings. Apple Cardholders will get a 3% cashback if they use the card to sign up for Apple One.
Apple has said it will release Apple One in over 100 countries this fall. The Premier option will be more limited, however; for now, it is only available in Australia, Canada, the UK, and the US since that’s where Apple News Plus is granted. The Apple News Fitness Plus service is expected to release sometime later this year.
How much does Apple One actually save me?
After calculating Apple’s estimates, if you were paying for all of them all the services at full price, “the Apple One Individual plan offers a savings of over $6 per month, while the Family plan offers a savings of over $8 per month, and the Premier plan offers a savings of over $25 per month.”
But you need to remember that Verizon now comes with Apple Music with some of its cellular plans, and you might already be receiving free Apple TV Plus for a few more months if you recently got any Apple device.