To mark the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing, LEGO will be releasing a LEGO Apollo 11 Lunar Lander kit on June 1st, 2019 and it will cost you $100 or £85 depending on your location. When it is fully built the LEGO Apollo 11 measures 20 cm high x 22 cm wide x 20 cm deep.
The LEGO set features a complete replica of the Eagle lunar lander with separate ascent and descent stages, plus a depiction of the lunar surface with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag, Apollo 11 Lunar lander nameplate, and golden parts.
“Celebrate man’s first moon landing with this LEGO Creator Expert 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander building set—developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of a historical event that captivated the world. This collectible model features a highly detailed replica of Apollo 11’s Eagle lunar module, plus a depiction of the lunar surface, complete with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag. The descent stage comes with gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches, and a ladder, while the ascent stage has a detailed interior with room for 2 astronauts. Finished with an Apollo 11 Lunar Lander nameplate, this display model makes a great centerpiece for the home or office and provides a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia. Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.”
– Includes 2 astronaut mini-figures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
– Descent stage features new-for-June-2019 gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches and a ladder.
– Ascent stage features a detailed interior with room for 2 astronaut mini-figures.
– Celebrate space exploration with this highly detailed display model.
– Accessory elements include a brick-built video camera and laser reflector.