German artist Markus Reugels specializes in high-speed and macro photography. By isolating the basslines from techno tracks, Markus captured these incredible (and brief) moments of explosive color. He accomplishes this feat by the following methodology:
1. Uses water and paint and places it in the middle of a balloon that is stretched over a speaker
2. Cuts basslines from techno tracks and sets up speaker facing upwards
3. Uses a microphone that is connected to his StopShop unit that triggers his camera/flash to take a shot when sound is heard
4. Take a ton of shots and constantly experiment with different sounds and colors
5. The pictures you see below
Markus insists his photographs are not created with Photoshop and that all tones and contrasts are naturally processed. Enjoy this small sample from the much larger gallery here. And be sure to check out his whole photostream on Flickr it is quite remarkable!