Total Film (via SciFied) has revealed in an article on Ridley Scott’s The Martian that the 77-year-old director is set to begin filming the sequel of Prometheus in January of 2016. I absolutely love Sci-Fi movies and Prometheus was one of my all time favorite. Not just because of the origin story of the Aliens but because of it’s immersive story and the reason to find the engineers in the first place.
One thing that won’t be present for the sequel are the fan-favorite Xenomorphs from the original Alien franchise.
“The beast is done,” Scott previously said about the monster. “Cooked. I got lucky meeting Giger all those years ago. It’s very hard to repeat that. I just happen to be the one who forced it through because they said it’s obscene. They didn’t want to do it and I said, ‘I want to do it, it’s fantastic.’ But after four, I think it wears out a little bit. There’s only so much snarling you can do. I think you’ve got to come back with something more interesting. And I think we’ve found the next step. I thought the Engineers were quite a good start.”
Prometheus 2 will feature the return of Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace. The original film also starred Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall-Green and Charlize Theron. It grossed over $400 million at the global box office, making it the highest grossing entry in the Alien franchise.
Release Date March 4, 2016.