Slashfilm has released some details on what we will likely see when the first trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi is released. The text description comes from a guy who was present at the Disney shareholders meeting and features some light details on the upcoming film. Here’s what they saw:
- interior shot from Star Wars: The Last Jedi featuring Luke Skywalker (in some sort of cave or maybe one of the stone huts seen on his island?) saying “Who are you?”
- Poe Dameron in his X-Wing yelling “It’s now or never” as it cuts back to BB-8.
- Fighters flying through a line-up of the Resistance fleet – had a feel similar to Rogue One over Scarif.
- Chewbacca roars.
- A shot of Captain Phasma.
- Finn dressed as a First Order Officer on the bridge of a First Order ship.
- Several shots of Rey igniting and spinning Luke’s lightsaber.
- Rey’s hand, in slow motion, with all five fingertips touching the ground and pebbles and dirt hovering around her hand.
- Leia turning to the camera with a hologram of the fleet behind her
- An X-wing flying into a hangar, possibly the Resistance’s since it looked like another X-wing was parked there – with the nose of the X-wing flaring/popping upwards as the X-wing braked quickly in the air.
- There was also a wide shot of the island, with Rey out on the point of a ridge practicing with her lightsaber as Luke is farther up the ridge, looking down towards her.
- It was a close up of Luke’s hands as he grasps the lightsaber, with both hands, and takes it from Rey. Cut to a wider shot of Luke as he looks up towards the camera. And it ended there! No dialogue. Bob Iger reminded us again that they don’t reveal too much. Hilarious, Bob! He then mentioned that the sizzle reel had several shots from the film and that they were going to play those clips again in case we missed them. They showed the sizzle again before the D23 Beauty and the Beast screening.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi releases December 15th.