1. This year, the bar for bad Christmas trees was set spectacularly high with this one in Haddenham, Cambridgeshire.
2. But things weren’t much better in Streatham.
As passerby Olivia Mace tweeted: “This is not a tree, Streatham. This is a lopsided spindly thing with a tinsel vertex.”
3. This health-and-safety-conscious tree in north Oxford was hard to love.
The 18-feet-tall tree was titled Elfen Safety – but its traffic-related decorations had to be removed after people kept complaining.
4. The people of Oakham, Rutland, were not pleased about this tree, the subject of the Give Oakham the Christmas Tree It Deserves Facebook group.
5.The Embarrassment Of Mottram Christmas Tree, in honour of this beauty in Mottram, Greater Manchester.
Thankfully, someone donated another, larger tree which stands outside the local church.
6. This “tree” in Mier, Stoke-on-Trent, is a load of rubbish – specifically, plastic bags collected by local schoolchildren.
Reg Brian, 82, told the Stoke Sentinel: “It’s a lot of rubbish, and it’s a big eyesore right in the middle of town. Everyone I’ve spoken to says it’s awful, and if they think I’m going to go down in the cold and watch it getting switched on they’re in for a shock.”
7. A whole Facebook group was set up in protest at this festive scene in Liscard, on the Wirral.
It now has some fancy lights but the festive health-and-safety fence remains.
8. This conical “tree”, dubbed the worst in the country, was placed on Stockton-on-Tees’ High Street last year and has now been donated to a local charity.
The charity said it was very happy to receive it.