Half-Life has always been one of the most legendary titles in the gaming industry. The first game was released nearly twenty years, and despite that, there are still people that play on a daily basis.
If you are reading this, then chances are that you are also eager to learn what is to come. Thankfully, here at WePlay!, we can provide you with the most accurate esports news out there.
What to Expect?
As you can imagine, there have been endless rumors about when are we going to see the second version of this awesome game. Some people even thought that we wouldn’t see it at all, whereas others said that it is just around the corner.
Most of the old-school Half-Life players transitioned into Counter-Strike, which was expected because the games share the same engine. Some of them even turned out to be professional players. Even those that didn’t succeed in the pro scene are now very good in CS: GO and have one of the highest cs go ranks out there.
That said, one guy went to hell and back in the last couple of years trying to gather information about what is ti come. His name is Tyler McVicker, who works in Valve News Network, and he collected a lot of information about Half-Life VR. He figured out that Valve uses the same game engine in many of its games, including titles such as Dota 2, Artifact, and more.
As you can imagine, after 20 years of development, there are probably tons of new things. Here is what Tyler managed to snatch out for now
- New in-game screens
- New glass-shattering mechanism (more realistic)
- Day/Night cycles similar to those in Dota 2
- Various new weapons of all shapes and sizes, including but not limited to pistols, SMGs, grenades, rapid-fire guns, and many more.
- Apart from the traditional style weapons, there are also many new Melee weapons that can be obtained while you are roaming around int the world. By the looks of it, we will be able to use pretty much every single object as a potential weapon.
- There will be many new weapon add-ons such as fast shooters, grenade launchers, and other cool stuff that aim at making your life easier. That said, we still have no information on how can we actually get your hands on them.
- According to what Tyler found, we will be able to choose between a couple of different types of grenades. Some of them will do a lot of AoE damage, whereas others will be used as a distraction.
- The zombies are a vital part of Half-Life and in this game, there is a possibility that they will be blind. If this is true, we will see some pretty cool game mechanics that will allow them to navigate around by using their smell in order to detect the players.
- We will also get the chance to visit the world of Xen, which is occupied by aliens. Whether or not it will be easy to get there is still up in the air.
- There will also be a new type of mechanism called “reviver”. As the name suggests, it should be used to revive the fallen enemies, which could result in an epic fight, worthy of using some of those fancy new grenades.
We can’t wait for Half-Life VR to get released! Even though the entire VR gaming thingy is not as popular as it was, this might as well change the “status quo” yet again.