LEGO unveiled the world’s largest LEGO model, a 1:1 replica of the LEGO® Star Wars™ X-Wing starfighter, in New York’s Times Square. The massive replica took 32 master builders, five million LEGO bricks and over 17,000 hours to complete.
The model weighs nearly 20,865 kilograms (46,000 pounds), stands 3.35 meters tall (11 ft) and 13.1 meters long (43 ft), with a wingspan of 13.44 meters (44 ft). The Model will eventually be installed at LEGOLAND® California Resort where it will be for the remainder of the year.
LEGO Star Wars is the original and most successful licensed product collection in The LEGO Group’s history and remains among the best-selling global toy lines.
Some Mind-boggling facts about the world’s largest LEGO model:
• Contains 5,335,200 LEGO bricks
• Weighs 45,980 pounds/20,865 kilograms
• Height: 11 feet / 3.35 meters
• Length: 43 feet / 13.1 meters
• Wingspan: 44 feet / 13.44 meters
• 32 builders spent 17,336 hours to construct – about 4 months
• Built in the LEGO Model Shop in Kladno, Czech Republic
• Is a one-to-one replica of LEGO Star Wars set #9493; The model is 42x the size of the retail building set.